Earlier last year, as part of our ongoing blogging outreach program, we received an amazing tool that we plan to utilize strongly as part of our weight loss program.
The kind folks at Ozeri Products sent us a digital kitchen scale for review. We set the package aside and only discovered it again during our holiday preparations and quickly realized how useful it would be. Over the holidays, it was an invaluable kitchen tool for precise measuring. There is nothing more frustrating than spending hours baking and having a recipe fail. Many times that failure is due to imprecise measurements.
For example, depending how tightly packed a cup of flour is, it may weigh up to twice a typical cup of flour. By knowing a cup of flour should weigh 4 ounces, it is much easier to have accurate results. What is really great about the Ozeri scale is that you can even set the scale to deduct the weight of whatever measuring vessel you're using, so you can still use the measuring cups, but with a digital weight for accuracy. Another great feature is that the scale weighs in both ounces and grams depending on the recipe used.
The scale also came in handy for mailing packages this past season. We had a few packages we weren't sure whether they required extra postage or not, and with the scale we could cross check the weight with the postal charges. The scale can weigh up to 12 pounds.
Our final use for the scale is still to be tested, as we are going to be measuring all our portions to make certain we don't overeat. We are very excited and happy to work with Ozeri. We give the digital kitchen scale our highest level of endorsement and recommend if you are planning to lose some weight this year and want to measure your portions accurately, this kitchen scale is the perfect product.
See a copy of our review also on Amazon.
Here are some of the manufacturer's details as provided to us by them:
- Ozeri Pro II Digital Kitchen Scale in Elegant Chrome, 12 lbs Capacity, with Kitchen Timer
- Newly design with a capacity range from 0.05 oz to 12 lbs (1 gram to 5.4 kg), the Pro II features a built-in countdown kitchen timer with 3 alarm modes (audible beep, blinking LED, or combined).
- Precision tare feature subtracts the weight of the container for the net weight of the ingredients; easy unit button instantly converts between oz, g, lbs, and kg.
- Large screen features a bright LCD with an improved viewing angle for the on-the-go cook.
- Oversized buttons generate audible click confirmation; 3-minute automatic turn-off preserves battery life.
- Finished in elegant chrome or black and sized for easy storage and portability; ships with 2 AAA batteries included.