November 30, 2012

Countdown to Christmas

Christmas MemoriesThis is the time of year when if the decorations aren't already out, we get them out. I've begun the week long process of decorating. I usually try to decorate the weekend after Thanksgiving, but we had house guests and didn't want to put them to work.

I have over 1000 favorite decorations. My Christmas ornaments. I am a collector. While some folks put them on several trees, I decorate our 9 foot tall tree with all of them. For the past several years, I've posted an ornament a day on my Facebook page and told the story behind it, why it was special. Ornaments are the souvenir of choice when I go anywhere. I have ornaments I made in elementary school, ornaments from my grandmother, family collectibles, ornaments for my children, and even for the family dog as well as his predecessor, the first family dog.

They range from elegant to kitschy, from homespun to sparkly. Glass, straw, wood, wax are just some of the materials used to make my ornaments. I also nestle all the photo cards we receive that year in the tree branches.

Blurb BooksLast year, a friend of mine was enjoying my posts so much she suggested that I put them in a book for the family, as so many of the ornaments have a family story. I've decided to take her up on that suggestion,  and I have found the perfect company to do it. Blurb offers bookstore quality books at a reasonable price. The company has a fabulous program to create the perfect keepsake for a loved one. The books are shipped in 7-10 days and will arrive in time for gift giving. You can upload photos from Instagram, Facebook, or any other photo sharing site as well as your hard drive or memory card.

They have given Fresh Daily Bread a 25% discount to use as well as to share with our readers. Just enter the code: HOLIDAYTHANKS when you check out from now through Monday, December 3, 2013 at 11:59 PM your local time.

disclaimer: Fresh Daily Bread has been compensated for this post. Nonetheless, we only promote companies that we personally would use or think our readers would find useful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for joining the conversation! Your input is always valued.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...