September 18, 2012

Sellout? Or something else?

This is my personal blog. This is where I pontificate about the slices of my world that make my life work. This is where I bring my bare soul.

Advertising on Fresh daily breadIncluding the one that really does want to make money doing it.

Paraphrased, theologian Frederick Buechner has written that, "Vocation is where our greatest passion meets the world’s greatest need."  I agree and I accept my vocation with joy. I define my vocation as the gift of sharing words and ideas. So share, I do. Have I found vocation? Am I compensated?

Fact is, that is reader dependent. I share books, products and services that may be useful to you. I won't claim that I've tried them all. Maybe half. But I will claim that I tried to match up advertisers with you. I hoped that the companies I gave space to on this blog would resonate with you. I hope that if their product interests you as much as it did me, you'll find out more, sign up for a newsletter, perhaps buy something they sell.

It isn't super important. I have no expectations that I will achieve lifelong wealth by writing this blog. I will admit, I expect that you'll find what I have to say worth investigating. And I hope you enjoy those who graciously sponsor my words enough to patronize them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for joining the conversation! Your input is always valued.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...