March 9, 2012

Bursting Into Song Randomly...

For newcomers, I confess I'm a huge fan of musical theater. I love the opportunity to suspend my belief that people burst into song randomly. In fact, I think the world would be hugely improved if we did!

It occurred to me to catalog the shows I've seen, some on Broadway, some in Community Theater, some on a High School stage, and even a few on television (though it really defeats the purpose of live theater, so that category has an asterisks).  I'm lucky enough to have children who love performing so some of the listed shows, I've seen multiple times.

I know I've missed some... but this is my somewhat inclusive list.

  • Wizard of Oz*
  • Godspell
  • Man of La Mancha
  • Guys and Dolls
  • Damn Yankees
  • Rent
  • West Side Story*
  • Annie Get your Gun
  • My Fair Lady *
  • Jesus Christ Superstar
  • Big River
  • Dreamgirls
  • Chicago
  • Caberet
  • Jekyll and Hyde
  • Oliver!
  • Fiddler on the Roof
  • Sound of Music
  • Phantom of the Opera
  • Les Miserables
  • Anything Goes
  • Bye Bye Birdie
  • Once Upon a Mattress
  • Seussical
  • Hairspray
  • Footloose
  • Oklahoma
  • The King & I*
  • Gypsy
  • In the Beginning
  • Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for joining the conversation! Your input is always valued.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...