September 30, 2008

Run for the hills... it's political around here!

I'm so frustrated, right now.

I just got an email from a friend of mine who has made it her mission to convince me to vote the same way she is voting. (Which there isn't a chance).

However, daily, she sends me email articles from her view. Except it's not true. What makes me so mad, is that the information she is sharing is not even from reputable sources. Today's "mind changer" was a YouTube video some guy produced that showed highlights of assorted government documents, (flashing by) with big black and white words superimposed over the pictures, apparently explaining what it meant. It was patronizing and quite frankly, untrue. I researched each "point" on this YouTube video that she sent me, from reputable sources, I cited Newsweek, Barrons, a transcript of government hearings, and Business Week.

The point is if you want to change someone's mind, please use facts not propaganda. It was slick, sloppy, and completely untrue.

Or maybe propaganda DOES work?

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...