June 21, 2013

Jack the Giant Slayer on DVD Blu-Ray

When I was a kid, I absolutely loved my fairy tales. Fairy tales are actually a simple way to work through some of the most complex human problems, from coming of age to finding one's purpose in life. They are part of our collective human unconscious. Lately, there has a been a resurgent interest in retelling our childhood stories, in movies and television. A recent offering is a new twist on the old tale of Jack and the Beanstalk.

In cooperation with Warner Bros., we are happy to offer one lucky reader the a Jack the Giant Slayer Combo Pack (Blu-ray + DVD + Ultraviolet). 

To enter, we would like to know via a blog comment your favorite fairy tale. Please respond by July 04, 2013 at midnight EST to qualify.

About Jack the Giant Slayer:

Unleashed on the Earth for the first time in centuries, the giants strive to reclaim the land they once lost, forcing Jack (Nicholas Hoult), into the battle of this life to stop them. Fighting for a kingdom and its people, and the love of a brave princess, he comes face to face with the unstoppable warriors he thought only existed in legend... and gets the chance to become a legend himself! Directed by Brian Singer (X-Men, Superman Returns)
Starring: Nicholas Hoult (About a Boy), Ewan McGregor (Star Wars, Moulin Rouge!), and Stanley Tucci (The Lovely Bones).




4 comments:

  1. Shawnna Moore7/2/13, 9:03 AM

    My favorite favorite tale is the classic Cinderella. There are many reasons why I loved this fairy tale, even as a child. As a child, I longed for a different life. Where I could wear fancy dresses and live in a fancy place.
    I still have those same dreams. As a child, I wanted to be something more than I was, and seen people around me taking advantage of me, scowling me, hurting me. I still have those fears.
    As a child, I could read Cinderella over and over again, as I yelled at the Prince to keep looking for the petite foot.
    Cinderella was a story of promise and love. Who doesnt need a little of both?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi S: (from Facebook) Well I tried 3 times to comment, but I must be doing it wrong OR there are 3 comments from me which I can't see. I vote Cinderella!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It maybe not be a fairy tale but I love the Uncle Remus tales with Brer Rabbit, Brer Fox, and the other "creeturs".
    William Ridgway

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining the conversation! Your input is always valued.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...