May 24, 2013

Mom's Help

Thanks for the guest post by Jo Levy

My mom is a Realtor and it’s saved me SO much money over the years. She’s lived and worked in Texas her whole life so when I moved to Dallas she knew just who to hook me up with that would help me find the perfect house. I was dead-set on a condo but when Kelly brought me to my house I knew it was where I was meant to be. It’s craftsman style with lots of character and it’s also the cutest shade of yellow you've ever seen.

For a long time I thought my style was more modern but honestly, now that I've started buying some traditional stuff to go in here the more I think that style works best in this particular house. I've spend some time on www.electriccompaniesindallas.com looking into utility companies that serve my area. I didn't realize it but some companies are far better than others if you have an older home since older houses aren't very energy efficient, usually. Over time I’d like to make some improvements that keep the air and the electricity inside the house but those aren't going to be cheap so I’ll hold off for now.

I’d rather have a fence for the backyard so I can get a dog than get all new windows at this point in my life! Mom was really helpful when it came to negotiating my mortgage and she’s also getting a cut of my real estate agent’s commission since she referred her. I've never been interested in being a Realtor because mom’s been better at it than I could ever hope to be. I love her to death and not only is she valuable to me as a mom, she’s given me tons and tons of help as a professional, too! I wish she’d move closer to Dallas so I wouldn't have to drive three hours to see her but I've got the perfect house – I guess I can’t ask for the perfect family situation.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...